Friday, December 08, 2006

SNOW and MIDDLE ENGLISH!

This is one of those posts you make to let people know you're still among the living.

Yee, it's snowing! I loves me some snow! I'm a very happy me!

Also, posted some pencil artwork. And some colored artwork. And I can't remember if I linked to this, but I'm kind of proud of it.

Also, found a very amusing thing (if you're a literature geek, at least):

The Harley Lyrics
by Anonymous

Oon of anonymouses bettir workes, thes poemes are ycopyed fresshe from a
manuscript contaynyge many othir thinges. Thei are songes of loue both
goostly and bodili, and oft speke of a knightes loue for his horse, the
which he calleth hys motourbyk, the which he liveth to riden, and rideth
to liven, or othertimes thei speke of a knightes affecioun for his chopper
(his axe?) or his hogge (why raiseth a knight pigges?) or his mama (gentil
remembraunce of oones mothir ys fayre and chivalrous). Heere ys oon
ensaumple of this straunge but plesaunte verse:

"Maketh motor for to runne
Shoopen vs to to heigh-waye
No aventure shal we shunne
In what-evir cometh ower waye

Yn the smok and lightening
Blastes of hevy metal
Wyth the wind goon racing-
The felinge is so goode

An hendy happe ichabbe hent,
From nature pure we aren sent
Vndyinge we kan make ascent
For borne we are to wexen woode

BOOOOOORNE TO WAXEN WOODE (refrain repeateth)"

No comments: