Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Email post successful!

Huzzah!  The email post was wildly successful.  Now, if I can only figure out how to get Blogger to accept my aggregate feed...but perhaps that's reaching for the stars.  I've got my aggregate feed for Facebook, and I can publish to Blogger via email, which is an awesome start.

Anyway.  HI!  I do have news, for those of you who follow Dust Allergies of the Spirit.  I'm thinking of going back to grad school.  Well, no.  I AM going back to grad school, I'm just working out exactly how to go about it.  Given dates and deadlines, looks like it's not likely to happen before the summer, at least, but by mid-spring I should be able to have my applications all wrapped up.  If only I can dig up the nerve to request letters of recommendation from people.  I'm aiming for Information Systems, which is the degree of systems analysis and database design and "Tell me what information you need and I will create for you a computer-thing."  So far, I'm looking at Drexel and NYU, and I need to review Penn State's program.  Gee, if ONLY I lived close enough that I could make an appointment with some people in the program and ask them about it...  Ideally, I'd like to find a couple more places to apply to, to spread out the eggs you know, but we shall see.  The kicker is that either the place needs to be close by or else they need to offer their graduate program online, which happily isn't quite so tricky as it would've been a couple of years ago.

Man, the GREs are expensive to register for.  I'm holding off on that till after January, when we will finally have a GRE test center here on campus, but in the meantime, I've got to dig into the study.  Thirlling and scary stuff, this.  Definitely an adventure!

By the way, if any of you lot happen to have advice on pursuing a graduate degree, I would love love LOVE to hear it.

--
With ineffable will, the cosmic invertebrate managed six flights of stairs, but its plans for conquest were thwarted by the doorknob.

No comments: